Tom,

        Dell farm out Linux support to Linuxcare and yes it will always be
difficult to get Linux support on Laptops. Having said that, you should be
aware that the bulk of Linux or indeed any other software support will not
be found at the hardware vendor. The site below details Inspiron 7500
installation, including full instructions on how to configure the AGP Rage
Mobility (even including a working XF86Config file). Unfortunetly the dual
card support is not included there.

http://jimf.ne.mediaone.net/~jimf/linux/inspiron7500.html

Most dual cards supported can however be found here :

ftp://pcmcia.sourceforge.org/pcmcia/

look through the supported.cards list.

There's also a linux on dell laptops mailing list if you want to fish around
there for answers :

http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/

Sorry I can't give you exact answers but I never got around to trying it on
the Inspiron. Hope this helps . . .

Regards,
Stephen Reilly,
<\snip>

<discl> All views expressed are my own, not Dell's </discl>