Johnny,

not sure why you would have to format the drive with Linux then with DOS.

you might try creating a DOS bootable disk, copy fdisk.exe to it.  then boot
to the floppy and run 'fdisk /mbr'  this will re-initiate the boot partition
on the drive and you will be able to boot a windows based os from it (after
the appropriate installation of the respective os...)

paul garcia