Dear list readers -

I wrote last week, although got no responses, about some identd problems
i was experiencing. Well it appears to be a bit more serious than i
first reported. Here is the scenario. I run a RedHat 5.2 linux 2.0.38
server, offering the basic inet services (ftp, pop3, imap, etc). After
just about 3 days, inet starts failing, i get pam errors and when i try
to restart inet with a killall -HUP inetd i get all the services back
complaining that these are unknown services. I am not sure what is
causing this. Is it possible for portmap to be the root cause of this
problem? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have any
ideas where i should start looking to resolve this?

This is getting to be a real concern and i am basically forced to reboot
this server about every three days. I need to resolve this issue as soon
as possible.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
--
Michael B. Weiner
Systems Administrator/Partner

     * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *