From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 26, 1999 11:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: recipient.list.not.shown
Subject: Re: GCC 2.95 ?

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:

> In the URL mentioned below I found some packages you have
> compiled with optmizations for i686. What are the options
> you give to gcc for that purpose?

Usually, I'm using:
-O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-check-new
-ffast-math -mpentiumpro -march=i686 -pipe -s -fexpensive-optimization

If you think size is more important than speed, you might want to
replace
-O6 with -O2. Also, -O6 is rather experimental, so if it breaks
something,
you might be able to fix it by replacing -O6 with -O3. (I'm running
the
i686 -O6 glibc here without problems though).