On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, patrick wrote:

> -O3 -mpentiumpro -fno-strength-reduce -fomit-frame-pointer

Using -fno-strength-reduce with an anywhere near recent compiler (as in
gcc 2.7.2 or higher) doesn't make sense. Many programs put
-fno-strength-reduce in the CFLAGS in their Makefiles because
strength-reduce optimization had a couple of bugs in gcc 2.6.*. They're
all fixed by now.

> but when I ran rpm --rebuild --target i686, the compiler
> didn't like the -fexpensive-optimization flag.

It's -fexpensive-optimizations.

LLaP
bero

--
Nobody will ever need more than 640 kB RAM.
                -- Bill Gates, 1983