CAT5 UTP Ethernet:      Category Five Unshielded Twisted Pair Ethernet cabling.
CAT5 STP Ethernet:      Category Five Shielded Twisted Pair Ethernet cabling.

STP is when you are worried about other signals interfering.
UTP is for everything else, because it's cheaper.

There are several qualities of STP, and I imagine that one of those levels
will stand up to the electrical and miscellaneous wiring in your house.