On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Lorenzo Carlos Manuel wrote:

> Hi :
> I'm trying to telnet to my linux box and once the connection is established
> I can't log in , it gives me the message "login incorrect".

Either you're trying to log in as root (don't do that, telnet sends
passwords unencrypted, so everyone with a packet sniffer can see your root
password), or you've entered a wrong password.
If you need to log in as root, either log in as a user and then do "su -",
or use ssh. (I'd strongly recommend using ssh - it encrypts passwords and
the whole session).

LLaP
bero

--
Nobody will ever need more than 640 kB RAM.
                -- Bill Gates, 1983