Please excuse my newbieness here, but I need help setting up my NE2000 network card…

Basically, where do I begin?

I’ve tried going into linuxconf, and under networking->client tasks->basic host info, I set enabled to true, config to dhcp, device to eth0, and module to ne. all is well, except upon ifconfig, I get nothing for eth0, and of course, ping is without success.

Next, I try ifup eth0 and I get:

Delaying eth0 initialization.

I tried rebooting, but the same message occurs during boot.

What’s the secret to setting this up???

Also, I have another machine I tried putting a second card into, and got the same results as I’m getting here (only for eth1 as there was another card in there already).

No success looking for HOWTOs or procedure documents….

Thanks in advance,

-David