On 14 Dec 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> clock, and date, and while each of these will set my system clock when
> I execute them, the time will not survive a reboot.  My system clock

The tool you want is '/usr/sbin/setclock' which you can find out about
with 'man setclock'. Running '/sbin/clock -w' should do the same thing,
but man 5 clock doesn't exist on my system, nor have I been able to find
it elsewhere, making that method effectively undocumented, as far as I'm
concerned.

One other point I should mention: on my system, '/sbin/clock -ru' reports
UTC incorrectly, and rebooting seems to throw off the system clock by
about 30 minutes, despite accurate CMOS time. I recommend running rdate
followed by setclock as part of your daily system maintenance to keep
everything in sync despite any weirdness that may exist on your system.

--
Todd A. Jacobs
Network Systems Engineer