On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Hiten Sonpal wrote:

> Does anyone know what needs to be done to enable rsh access for root?

Yeah, spell it "ssh" instead of "rsh" and you're in business. :-)

Seriously, though, it's a piece o' cake with ssh, and much more secure,
too.

I disabled telnet and rsh and pop3 on my system after my account on
a friend's box got cracked with a packet sniffer.  We talked with the kids
who did it on IRC, and surprisingly enough they were quite willing to
explain how it all worked.  I've been using ssh ever since.