On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Nate Waddoups wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Hiten Sonpal wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what needs to be done to enable rsh access for root?
>
> Yeah, spell it "ssh" instead of "rsh" and you're in business. :-)
>
> Seriously, though, it's a piece o' cake with ssh, and much more secure,
> too.

I'm basically trying to run rdist here, and I'd like to be able to have it
run automatically via cron and not have to store the password in some
file. I guess I don't really care if I use ssh, rsh or tftp... :-)

Where can I look for pointers? I have both ssh and ssh2 installed on our
system.

Thanks,
-- Hiten