Hi Charles!!!

If you are really into Hardware, you may want to take a look at "Upgrading and
Repairing PCs, Linux Edition" from Mueller (QUE). It comes with a bootable CD
with a Debian distribution that let you make diagnostics and other sort of
things.

On the other hand, there is a tool you may want to try "info" in KDE control
center. It has information about the IRQs and DMAs and other important info on
setting up hardware.

This other is not on any hand, but in my neck, as some guys on the list will
try to kill me for the comment. But, when I have had serious hardware
configuration problems, I make a basic Win98 install. Win diagnostic software
is better. Once I have my system with no errors under Winblows, and I have no
conflicts, I can repartition my drive and reinstall Linux with the settings I
already know.

Hope someone has a better answer than mine.

Best regards,

-Manuel.