It just happens that my laptop (pII 450 , 128 m) is my main machine and that I have
different
ISP's depending on where I am.
I just don't see why it would not run on it. I always run sendmail on my machine,
laptop or not. It actually does today, EXCEPT that masquerading doesn't work for me.

I know, I should switch config each time I move. (smtp server when using cable modem,
smtp server when connected through dialup modem, smtp server when working at my work
place, other server when going to some labs I work with ...).
Since I am tele-commuting (big distance), I think being able to have my own sendmail
would be a nice thing to have . For me : not for anybody else.

Philippe