Well, all this is getting VERY annoying.

The solution showed (well pointed to ...) down here does not work for me.
My computer is a laptop and this solution assumes you are always using the
same ISP and use it as your smart host.

Also, if you cannot reach your ISP and try what is said there, the same redhat they are
talking about will hang forever at boot (I did this, it is very, very irritating).

I tried postfix, but I don't think it is very much easier to setup. At least, when I
tried it
NOTHING worked : I could not even send a message locallly. It would stay somewhere in
the deferred or active subdirectories .

All what I ask is : could someone point out to me what is wrong in the sendmail.cf
down there.
and why sendmail refuses to masquerade even you have the

DMkscable.com

I use my localhost as SMART HOST : why would not this work ? Obviously my ISP relays
ok,
since I am able to send this message

Thanks

Philippe