Kurt Brust wrote:

> Time warner here in Charlotte, NC, no longer requs you to "login" , is there
> such a thing with Bellsouths ADSL? if so is there a linux app out there?

No - Bellsouth simply uses DHCP assignment to a hard-coded MAC address.
What this means is that if I change the ethernet card that is connected
to the ADSL modem (an Alcatel ADSL 1000), then I must call Bellsouth's
tech support, and give them the new MAC address to put into their DHCP
server's config files.

No special application is required.  I just used Linuxconf to set the
ethernet device to use DHCP assignment, with pump.

 --
/------------------------------------------------\
| Jim Morris  | Business:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|             | Personal:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]        |
|       AOL Instant Messenger:  JFM2001          |
\------------------------------------------------/
begin:vcard
n:Morris;Jim
tel;home:256-883-6577