FWIW , the hottest browser on MS has to be Opera if Java is not important,
and size / performance is.....

Opera is being developed for Linux as we speak, but is very Alpha, if they
get it right it could be real good........
(cant hurt now anyways)

Last Mozilla was good according to some, maybe look in archives for URL as
well.....

On 18/01/00 at 6:28 Arni Raghu wrote:

>It is well known that java applets on netscape for linux really screw up
>things..I just stopped using netscape for java pages..simple disbaled
>java..javascript works fine though it lacks on many desired html
features...

>Yes..I use IE 5.0 when I do intensive browsing on my windoze
>m/c...feature-rich and atleast shows the pages for me...have no choice
right
>now..though I hate doing it..:(
>
>real sad we have nothing stable in linux..not too sure about mozilla never
>tried it..

>> >I've not had a problem with it, as long as I do not try to click on an
>"Ok"
>> >button.  he e he he he.  The XFree86 upgrade caused most of the
problems
>with
>> >nextscape.  ..... No fix there.
>>
>> It is as if Java/Javascript is causing a problem.

Regards

Greg Wright
IT Consultant Sydney Australia

--

*** Please trim any replies ***
*** Please turn off HTML in your email ***