Hi All,

A couple of questions and an FYI:

Does anyone know of a web site (not www.specbench.org) or other
information source that can help me evaluate the performance
differences between Linux 2.2.14 and FreeBSD 3.4?

Dates when Intel-based Linux (stable) releases were made available
to the public:

Version  Date Released
-------  -------------
1.0.0      03/12/94
1.0.1      03/15/94
1.0.2      03/17/94
1.0.3      03/20/94
1.0.4      03/21/94
1.0.5      03/27/94
1.0.6      04/02/94
1.0.7      04/05/94
1.0.8      04/06/94
1.0.9      04/15/94

1.2.0      03/06/95
1.2.1      03/16/95
1.2.2      03/26/95
1.2.3      04/01/95
1.2.4      04/05/95
1.2.5      04/11/95
1.2.6      04/22/95
1.2.7      04/28/95
1.2.8      05/02/95
1.2.9      05/31/95
1.2.10     06/11/95
1.2.11     06/25/95
1.2.12     07/24/95
1.2.13     08/01/95

2.0.0      06/08/96
2.0.1      07/02/96
2.0.2      07/04/96
2.0.3      07/05/96
2.0.4      07/07/96
2.0.5      07/09/96
2.0.6      07/11/96
2.0.7      07/14/96
2.0.8      07/24/96
2.0.9      07/25/96
2.0.10     07/26/96
2.0.11     08/04/96
2.0.12     08/08/96
2.0.13     08/15/96
2.0.14     08/19/96
2.0.15     08/24/96
2.0.16     08/30/96
2.0.17     09/01/96
2.0.18     09/04/96
2.0.19     09/10/96
2.0.20     09/12/96
2.0.21     09/21/96
2.0.22     10/07/96
2.0.23     10/17/96
2.0.24     10/29/96
2.0.25     11/07/96
2.0.26     11/21/96
2.0.27     11/30/96
2.0.28     01/13/97
2.0.29     02/06/97
2.0.30     04/07/97
2.0.31     10/16/97
2.0.32     11/17/97
2.0.33     12/15/97
2.0.34     06/03/98
2.0.35     07/07/98
2.0.36     11/16/98
2.0.37     06/14/99
2.0.38     08/25/99

2.2.0      01/25/99
2.2.1      01/28/99
2.2.2      02/23/99
2.2.3      03/08/99
2.2.4      03/23/99
2.2.5      03/29/99
2.2.6      04/16/99
2.2.7      04/28/99
2.2.8      05/11/99
2.2.9      05/13/99
2.2.10     06/14/99
2.2.11     08/09/99
2.2.12     08/25/99
2.2.13     09/19/99
2.2.14     01/04/00

Does anyone know if there were earlier releases of Linux and where I can
find them?  The reason I'm asking is that 1.0.0 was released roughly 1
year after the first stable release of FreeBSD.

Thanks

Paul

Paul B. Brown                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
President
Brown Technologies Network, Inc.               http://www.btechnet.com/

Systems and Applications Design, Development, Deployment, and Maintenance