For the most part, it's just an x86.  However, you should run I think it's
2.2.12 minimum, maybe it's 2.2.13, but around that anyway.  Devel kernels
from 2.3.30 on should be ok to.  There's just a little funky stuff to get
the chip to really sing that's in those kernels.  You should go to deja and
search the news groups archives.  A friend of mine is really happy with his
Athlon 550.  There's all kinds of tuning that you can do such as mtrr to
speed up video, 3Now!, IDE params, etc....

--
J. Scott Kasten

jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"That wasn't an attack.  It was preemptive retaliation!"