My named is dying! Here's what I'm seeing: named chugging gracefully along
doing its stuff every hour and responding to queries. The only thing going
on in between is SYSLOGD RESTART - after which named takes no further
interest in doing anything until I reset named (KILL -HUP) at 9:42 at which
point everything is happy again. Has anyone else experienced similar
behaviour?? (I think) I've now seen this behaviour 2 Mondays in a row..

It's a stock 6.1 installation with no component updates.  If it's happening
to me then it's got to be happening somewhere else....

Many Thanks,

Toby.