Rick:

Does this mean that gcc is now called egcs?  I thought there was a
discussion going on about gcc-2.95 was needed when rebuilding RPMs to take
advantage of the i586 and i686 optimizations.  Is this new egcs a
combination of both of those, or is gcc-2.95 bring left out because it
would cause other packages like kernel-headers to be changed to allow it
to work?

- Mike