Hi Folks
I have accidentally started the Apache  web and other httpd services
under RH6.2. I wish to remove all trace of it (as I am not into web serving
as yet, just surfing)
but don't know where to look for the conf etc files for it.
What occurs is when I use kppp to dial out (even after disabling /renaming the
rc.d/rc5.d/S85httpd daemon that reported httpd errors on fireup) (won't
startup now) the dial connect works . BUT when I use KMAIL I try to retrieve
mail , I get

Account:  "    "(blank)
IN server: "    "(blank)
cannot be found

If I could find where this (blank ppp) account setup is I would be home laughing
(i would probably remark out the code until it started working again.
 but it is near impossible to find a ppp connection parameter that has a
setting of NO name....  (grep won't work on blanks)

I can use WVDial to connect and use KMAIL but don't feel
this is correct way to do this.

 Also I use StarOffice 5.1 and when I try to use my pop mail under
the account setup on there I get a fatal error which closes StarOffice
(unrecoverable error)
I assume this is all interrelated???
  Mat @Gisborne
Home of Ocean Surf in New Zealand.