On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Chad W. Skinner wrote:

> This too would be a solution to my situation.  If I have a web server
> running linux and apache, could I not export via nfs the filesystem where
> the website is located and mount these on the Netware box (just opposite
> what you are doing). Would this not make web access faster than mounting the
> fs from the netware server. I am looking for speed on the linux box, but
> ease of access to the Novell users, in other words it would be greate if
> when the building web manager logged in one drive was their website and they
> could drop and drag files to the web server.

Last we tried NFS on Netware it didn't work.  We're primarily Novell
here, with Linux running as the webserver.  The users all have their
Novell drive maps.  The Linux box mounts the entire VOL on a mount
point, and Apache is set to use a directory within VOL as the DocRoot.
Apache then happily serves the data, and the users have their drive
maps.  And its not too slow either.

--

Duncan Hill                     Sapere aude
One net to rule them all, One net to find them,