Hi Rick,

> I haved a little mail server set up on my home machine and would like to allow
> relaying for a friend with multiple email adresses.
>
> Example- [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],  [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> How can I allow that specific person to relay and not everyone with uplink and
> compuserve.

This isn't a definitive answer, but ...

If I had to guess, I'd probably have to say that that
functionality does not exist in sendmail 8.9.x (aka the
anti-spam/anti-relay release of sendmail).

You can open up specific domains or IP subnets for relaying
thru your smtp server, but that gets problematic for
dynamically allocated IP addresses from ISP's. Plus, it's
not that secure a solution.

Sendmail 8.10 DOES have the functionality you want by
smtp authentication (SASL, if I recall correctly). However,
8.10 is still in beta and SMTP authentication does not exist
in very many email clients. there's an article on it at
http://www.sendmail.net

The easiest solution might be to give him shell access. :-)

Again, I might be missing something, but that'd be my best
guess on your question.

jeff