[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I installed Redhat 6.1 on two machines and am having the same  printer
> problem [I think] on both of them.

> The printer port worked in MS-DOS/Win95 previously...  but not in
> Linux on either machine.

> I set the printer up using the 'PrintTool' from Gnome.

> I checked the FAQ on the Redhat site [good info] but  nothing seems to
> work. I've used RH 5.2, 4.2, 4.1 and  had little trouble but no luck
> with RH6.1...

Try looking at <http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/gotchas/6.1-6.html#ss
6.19>

For future reference, always take a look at the errata & gotchas;
they're a
lot faster than waiting for an answer from the list.  More frequently
correct, too! 8^)

best
    rickf
--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"To get something done a committee should consist of no more than
 three people, two of whom are absent."  Robert Copeland