Thank you Rick,

I did go on the Redhat site and checked the 'faqs'... but forgot
about the 'Gotchas' where I did find the following reccomendation
which worked perfectly.

Thanks again

John

Alternatively, you can add

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

to your

/etc/conf.modules file.

Then run /sbin/rmmod lp, and start printtool.

--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
 [ie...Command Line User Environment]".