Jim Baxter wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to ad a drive to an existing system with minimum disturbance to the
> existing system.
> So far I can't seem to find and man pages on this subject and I really do
> not want to have
> to reinstall the system. There must be an easy way. Could some one point me
> in the right
> direction before I mess something up?
>
> Jim Baxter
> MIS
> Morrison Supply Company

Hey Jim! Just connect the drive, (machine off) making sure you have it
set correctly... master/slave settings... plugin the power, power up.
Once logged in as root, run fdisk, then mke2fs /dev/hdXX (<---whatever
XX is), and then mount -t ext2 /dev/hdXX  /mountpoint and it's there.

See: man fdisk, man mkfs, man mount, plus whatever else you can glean
from /usr/docs

:  Ric "Wayward" Moore   :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   :
:   "If you can afford it, you don't want it"   :
:     owned and trained by Calamity & Satin     :