Adding a second drive shouldn't disturb your current configuration at
all.  Is this a second ide drive?  Attach the second drive to your ide
controller.  After you boot up, run fdisk to partition the new drive,
which should be /dev/hdb if it's your second ide drive.  If you create
ext2 partitions during fdisk, run mke2fs on these partitions to create
the ext2 filesystem.  And if you created swap partitions, remember to
turn these on with swapon.  Then put everything into your /etc/fstab so
that your new partitions get mounted at boot.  If this is a second scsi
drive, the drive designation would be /dev/sdb.  Good luck,

Hidong