Although considered impolite, I'm not aware of portscans and other
such simple probes as being illegal.  And no, they are not entering
your computer without authorization.  It the actually crack into the
computer an look at your files, etc..., then yes, that constitutes the
electronic form of breaking and entering.

--
J. Scott Kasten

jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"That wasn't an attack.  It was preemptive retaliation!"