Thanks Gordon!

Boy, right in front of my nose too. I knew it was going to be an easy
fix.

However, two things.

1. Like Gustav, I would like to know which is better
2. I did not have identd selected in ntsysv, and am quite sure I didn't
start it mayself. So how did it get started? I'm thinking linuxconf is
trying to do it. If this is true, then maybe the simplest route is to run
it standalone and remove from inetd.conf. Anyone?