On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Frank Carreiro wrote:

> My guess would be he isn't happy with NFS because it can be used to
> comprimise a system.  Of course I would have to say "Don't export your
> home directory" ::grinz::

Well, I have never were impressed with NFS security at all.... these days
with all those script kiddies online I am more paranoid than ever.

To top it up, NFS implementations on linux were AWEFUL (to say the least).
I understand that they have improved a lot in the past couple of years,
but my initial impression was that NFS on linux was unstable and slow
as... :-(

With recent NFS improvements, hope I'm wrong on both accounts.
Hossein