I've got Redhat 6.2 installed on a 17GB IBM Ultra SCSI hard drive
connected to a TekRam 390B (Symbios chipset) SCSI controller.

Until the following events, I was able to boot into Linux from the
SCSI hard drive (/dev/sda) which held the boot partition (/boot on
/dev/sda1). I recently added a 13GB Maxtor IDE drive as supplemental
storage. I also added an Adaptec 2901 PCI SCSI controller (no
boot-rom, external connector only).

I discovered that only 64MB of the installed 128MB RAM was
recognized. I edited lilo.conf and added 'append = "mem=128M" and ran
lilo and I got a message "Warning: /dev/sda is not on the first disk".

When I rebooted the PC, lilo freezes after "LI".

I've tried various options in lilo.conf (pointing to /dev/sda1,
/dev/hda, /dev/hda1, removing the append = "mem=128M" line), but I
can't boot the PC without using a boot floppy.

I've also updated to the new version of lilo (21.4-2) that breaks the
1024 cylinder barrier, but that hasn't changed anything.

Can anyone help me boot from either of my hard drives? The only thing
I can think of doing now is backing up my data and reinstalling
RedHat 6.2 with the /boot partition on /dev/hda instead of on
/dev/sda.