>I am forced to agree. I use an FIC VA-503+ and an FIC PA-2013 here. They
both have VIA chipsets and I have never had any problems either.

I've never had a problem with VIA chipsets on RedHat 6.1.  ALi, on the
other hand requires a patch to be applied to the kernel and that the kernel
be recompiled from there.  Once that's done, then you have ALi UDMA
support.  I actually favor the VIA chipsets to the Intel 8xx chipsets, and
considering the BX chipset didn't natively support UDMA66 I would use a VIA
or AMD chipset any day of the week.  As for the ALi, I will tolerate it
simply because ASUS uses it on their P5A motherboards, which have proven
their reliability to me.

Lee Howard