-----Original Message-----
From: Danny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 12:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; a mole; eric clover
Cc: recipient.list.not.shown; @nswcphdn.navy.mil
Subject: Re: <>

<snip>

Your solution :-

-Just get your ISP to install procmail.
- Block out free email accounts like hotmail, yahoomail, start.com.au,
email.com
- People always use those email accounts to spam you.
- Avoid giving away your real email to user forum groups like deja,

- There is a book from O'Rielly which explains how you can combat this
problem.

---------- New Material----------------------

Great... so, if I was at home, your software would consider any email
message
from me to be pure spam....  because I use email.com as my domain for my
return
address, and netzero where I send that address, and actually pop through my
ISP
(erols.com)....

So, email says it's from email.com in the return, but has erols.com as it's
mx site...  And it goes to email.com to netzero.com and then is popped
through
to erols.com

Your solution filters me out cold.... when all I'm doing is insulating
myself from
Spam.

When the techniques you use conflict with techniques others use, it's not a
good solution.
The procmail solution, looking for other key indicators, is probably better
than blanket
"Block out free email accounts", since so many folks use them as throw
aways.

Bill Ward