Hi all,

The share def section of /etc/smb.conf in my Redhat 6.2 looks like this :

[homes]
comment = Home directories
path = /home/%u
browseable = no
writable = yes
create mode = 644

[pchome]
comment = PC directories
path = /usr/pc/%u
public = no
writable = yes

I have added users to my Linux system with the KDE user manager .. defining
shell=/bin/bash and ; home dir = /home/userid ; passwords for each..

Have added encrypted passwords for each user to /etc/smbpasswd ...

Now when i try to access the shares from the Network Neighbourhood .. I can
access the [homes] share pefectly ( its shows up as .. 'userid' )

But when i click on the [pchome] icon i get the following err msg .
' \\Server\pchome is not accessible . The share name was not found . Be
sure you typed it correctly '

What am I doing WRONG ? Am I supposed to create the /usr/pc directory ( I
did but deleted it when it didn't work )

Thanks in Advance
Anurag Jalan