Fans are required when convection/radiation cooling are inadequate.

Using lower voltage chips, the power dissapation drops, e.g., 5 volts at 5
amps dissipates 25 watts, whereas 2.5 volts at 5 amps is 12.5 watts.

Yes, by eliminating the fan, there is a cost savings, but there is also a
noise reduction and reliability improvement.

Tom

"Christopher Northrop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 06/16/2000
09:34:24 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]