On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, K.Deepak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just having a doubt.
>
> Heard about VA Linux !!!!!!!!!
>
> Whether VA linux is a separate distribution of linux.  If  anybody knows
> something about it, pl. bounce me the information !!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, it is not a separate Linux distribution.  They simply
take either Red Hat or Debian (your choice) and make an install into their
boxes before shipping it to you.  These installs are supposed be
customized to the hardware they sell, so the performance is better.  I
never bought one of their boxes, so I don't know about that.  In any case,
no different than what SGI does with their servers and workstations... but
that does not make it a whole separate distribution, just a customized
one.