I was having the same problem and luckily I managed to solved it in an
other way. Go to redhat:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/up2date/rhl-6.2/i386/

Download all the packages u need to let's say your home directory. Then
become root. Type:
rpm -Fvh *.rpm

That's all! It's faster (much) and u don't need to worry about that GUI
crap not working (up2date).

Good luck, Morsal

-|Pine 4.21|-