On 02 Aug 2000 06:46 Steven Pierce wrote:

>Is Samba, the only way to get from an NT box to a Linux box?  I worked in
an office that I was able
>to get to the SUN boxes, but did not use Samba.  Does anyone know why??
>
>Steven

You're _sure_ the Sun box wasn't running Samba? It's transparent to Windows
boxes. All you'd see is another file server.

It's possible that your Windows box had an NFS client installed or that an
NT box had mounted the Sun NFS shares and was sharing them out via Windows
standard SMB sharing. Samba is easier than either of those.

--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D