Okay, lets just make sure a few things are happening that are supposed
to...
first, do you have the M16 RPM installed or did you build it by source ?
(or maybe
your just running a nightly build ?) (or do you even have mozilla
installed ?? yes you need it :)

Lets take a look at /usr/bin/galeon  (truth is, its not a binary file,
its a simple
shell script.)

        [root@co677054-a bin]# cat galeon
        #!/bin/bash

        if test -n "$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME"; then
                export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
                galeon-bin $@
                exit
        elif [ -f /usr/local/mozilla/libgtkembedmoz.so ]; then
                MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/local/mozilla
        elif [ -f /usr/lib/mozilla/libgtkembedmoz.so ]; then
                MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla
        else
                echo "Cannot find mozilla installation directory. Please
                set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your mozilla directory"
                exit
        fi

        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MOZILLA_HOME
        export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=$MOZILLA_HOME
        galeon-bin $@

I wont go over everything but the galeon script checks first in
/usr/local/mozilla/ for the embedded mozilla libraries, then
it checks /usr/lib/mozilla/  for the same thing  (libgtkembedmoz.so) ..
Check and see if either of those are available on your
system... if not,, do some more searching :)

( a lot of this is nonsense to you probalby, as you've gotten it to run
already... just trying to show you what happens when you do load it.

As I was writing this, I dropped my cursor over the desktop , right
clicked->New Launcher and chose name ->"Galeon"  comment-> "blah"
command -> "/usr/bin/galeon"  then "OK"

clicking on the new desktop icon launches Galeon with no problems  (and
if you want a nice icon for it, I ripped out a frame from the
animated raptor gif     http://soros.ath.cx/mozilla.jpg )

Suppose though, for some odd and unexplained reason, your mozilla
embedded libraries were in /opt/lib/  , You would simply edit
the above script ( /usr/bin/galeon ) and replace the first elif
directory (/usr/local/mozilla/) with /opt/lib  and that should make it
work.

hope some of this helps ...  And if you run the nightly builds and need
a desktop icon, its a bit different, I'll show ya how to make a
simple shell script to load it up.

Robert Soros
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://soros.ath.cx