> executed "rpm -ivh perl-???.i386.rpm" but it complained rpms cannot be
> instaled. I was "root" still.
> What could be the reason?
> None of the rpms are getting installed. I did check with "rpm -q " to
> make sure they were not already installed.
> Do all the files that need to be installed *have to be listed in comps
> file"?

I prefer to use "rpm -Uvh perl*" which will install/update from packages
named perl* :P

* Statux *
* E-Mail:       |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  *
* ICQ:          |   1732414                                             *
* Homepage:     |   http://www.geocities.com/reverendstatux/            *