At 09:32 AM 08/31/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>How do I set my partitions where I want them? I am using Disk Druid and it
>keeps putting my / as hda6 the only way I can get it to hda1 is to not put
>in /boot. This is how it is setting it
>
>Mount Point    Device    Requested    Actual    Type
>/Boot                hda1        7930m        7930m    Linux Native
><Swap>           hda5        54m            54m         Linux swap
>/                        hda6         23m            23m         Linux
>Native
>

>I dont understand why it wont put / as hda1 or does it not matter? or am I
>doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated as it seems like I am
>the only one in this town trying to use Linux.

It "shouldn't matter" (TM) but to take the conservative approach, ddruid
makes the boot partition the first partition.  In older versions of lilo,
the boot partition couldn't be beyond the 1024 cylinder limit.  (I get a
warning with fdisk that my new 18G HDD has more than 1024 cylinders and
that I should be careful about my boot partition.  why don't you make the
boot partition first.  BTW, what are you using hda2 & hda3 for?  Did you
know that they could also be primary partitions and used for swap and /?

Mark
               ___
             __HHH__
              (@ @)
| Mark Neidorff                |Never assume a conspiracy exists   |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |when mere stupidity can explain    |
| Just Answers!                |an event.                          |
| Computer Systems Solutions   |                   R. K. Bernstein |