On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Duncan Hill wrote:
> Within the past 24 hours, a stable machine has started to generate
> -> kernel: Unable to load interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2
> every couple of hours.  Research indicates that this is a lack of RAM.
> However, this system has 256M of physical, and the same in swap.  Swap
> is barely touched, and there is ~10M free RAM, and ~150M in buffers.
> Not what I'd consider a critical situation.

Linux uses most of the ram for caching, so no matter HOW much ram you
throw at a machine (depending on actual load) most will be used for
caching, which is the opposite behavior from Windows.

I realize that this doesn't answer your question, but I think you're
overlooking that fact when you suggest that you think you're running
low on physical RAM. You're only running low on physical ram when
most of your swap is in use.
        John