On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Duncan Hill wrote:

> > is barely touched, and there is ~10M free RAM, and ~150M in buffers.
> > Not what I'd consider a critical situation.

> caching, which is the opposite behavior from Windows.

*nod*  This I know :)  Thus the "not what I'd consider a critical
sit".  I'd be very worried if I saw say 200 meg of swap used, for all
this machine runs is a MUD, sendmail and a webserver.  Granted, the
MUD chews ~20 MB on its own.

I might be near the server this weekend (It is in NYC, I'm in PA with
no wheels), so I can possibly fiddle.. as is, I want to upgrade the
kernel, but thats another story.

--

Duncan Hill                     Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.