>On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Vidiot wrote:
>
>> What the Hell is this crap?  /usr/include/linux/errno.h definately does
>> not exist on this system.
>>
>> Personally I'd say redhat broke this.  So, how do I fix it ASAP?
>

>/usr/include/linux/errno.h *crap* is part of linux kernel. And personally
>I'd think you broke this by trying to compile something as substantial as
>GCC without having the kernel's source code! :-)
>Hossein

Wrong.  No compiler building should require that kernel sources be installed.
Many things can be compiled that do not require the kernel sources.  All of
the necessary include files for getting ANYTHING to compile should be
distributed as part of the system.  Only stuff required for the kernel itself
should be part of the kernel sources.

Nope, as far as I am concerned, this is an overlook by Red Hat.

I have the kernel src rpm that matches the kernel I have installed, but
didn't install it, since I have no current plans to compile the kernel.
Now I am forced to install lots of unnecessary files in order to get at
one simple include.

Nope, still wrong.

Thanks for the response, I was afraid you were going to say that.

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Bart: Hey, why is it destroying other toys?  Lisa: They must have