Hi,

I'm a final year student doing my thesis... as part of my thesis I need to build and test network
protocols I implement which would involve rebuilding the kernel. I need help on how to build
a test kernel but not overwrite my current kernel. I also want to have the option of being able
to choose which image of the compile kernel to boot at lilo level... Can someone help me?
I need to learn how to do all this very urgently so a quick response would be much appreciated.

Finally I need to know how much space will the kernel image take and where it will reside.

Thanks heaps in advance.
Daniel Wong

UIN:     777432
Voicemail:
    +612 8569 1648 (mBox Service)
Fax:
    +612 8569 1648 (mBox Service)
Mobile:
    04178 96649
    04178 WONGY
Email:

"Maturity is knowing when and where to be immature."

"I think there is a world market for maybe 5 computers."
 -- Thomas Watson, IBM boss, 1943

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
 -- Bill Gates, Microsoft boss, 1981

 |   |/     Sydney, Australia     \|   |