I think this is normal... normally ftp involves two connections, one
from the client to the server and one back from the server to the
client.  That doesn't work with IP masqing (we don't allow incoming
connections generally).

"Passive" ftp is just ftp over a single connection; the client tells the
server to send all responses to the originating port instead of opening
a new connection.  Then the masqing code on the firewall knows to let
those packets back in.

So it looks to me like either your client machine is doing passive ftp
on its own, or the firewall is translating the connection into passive
mode itself and recording the fact in the log.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

-m