I have the following problem with lpd on several machines (Redhat 6.1):

   Printing to a given queue sometimes fail, and the corresponding
   spool directory contains, in addition the the normal ones
   (cfxxxx and dfxxxx), files whose name starts with "lpdtemp"

   In that case, all queued jobs get actually printed after a lpd
   restart, bur the lpdtempxxx files remains.

   This seems to be related with timeouts (printer not available during
    a certain time), but I never saw this problem with earlier versions

    Has anybody see the same problem? (and found a better solution than
    restarting lpd from time to time)

--
Pierre Frenkiel                     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Physique Corpusculaire et Cosmologie                 tel: 01.44.27.15.27