Daniel,

Did you receive any suggestion to fix this?  I too receive this
message (and it is normal with a pcmcia ethernet card since the
pcmcia system has not been started as of this point).  But then
the network is not up when the system finishes booting so
evidently the 'delay' is never finished.

I have to rerun the network startup script (network start) after
the system boots and all is fine.  Under RH56.2 with 2.2.14
all worked fine.  I have upgraded to pcmcia-3.1.20 but this does
not fix the problem either.

Bruce

Daniel Wong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just built my kernel 2.2.16 and everthing seems fine at startup other than
> having the following
> startup function fail.
>
> bring up interface eth0 Delay in eth0 initialisation .... [Failed]
>
> can someone tell me what this error is and how to fix this ?
>
> Regards
> Daniel Wong
>            _..--"""""""""--.._
>    m   _.-"_.-"  U N S W  "-._"-._   m