-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Kall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, September 25, 2000 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: Eth0 initialisation ?

>Daniel,
>
>Did you receive any suggestion to fix this?  I too receive this
>message (and it is normal with a pcmcia ethernet card since the
>pcmcia system has not been started as of this point).  But then
>the network is not up when the system finishes booting so
>evidently the 'delay' is never finished.
>
>I have to rerun the network startup script (network start) after
>the system boots and all is fine.  Under RH56.2 with 2.2.14
>all worked fine.  I have upgraded to pcmcia-3.1.20 but this does
>not fix the problem either.

Just a thought here for you.  If one of the system boot up scripts is
happening too early, you could edit the time it is executes fairly easily.
In /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and probably rc5.d (text mode and graphical mode
runlevels) you will find startup scripts that begin with S## and K## where
## represents a two digit number.  The K scripts stop the processes and the
S scripts start them.. (theres more, but no need for it here)   If you want
the network script to come up after the pcmcia is started, just change the
## portion of the S script for networks., or lower the pcmcia scripts
number.  You'll need to write down the numbers currently assigned to them,
and give those changes a try.  Be careful though, some things may not like
having that order messed with.  You can change the filenames with the mv
command.  ie  mv S45pcmcia S09pcmcia    or    mv S10network S46network.
You could even try having to network scripts, one for those things that need
it run earlier, and one for those that need it later.
ie  cp S10network S46network   Hope this helps.

Jeff Hogg