I had the same problem, so I added this to my rc.local script.  Modify it to
run on your run level.  I don't have RH up right now, so I may get the
S-script names wrong in some of the file names, but you'll get the idea.
The actual S-scripts can be found in the /etc/rc.d/rc.#/ directory, #
signifying the run level you are using.  Modify the script to fit.  Finally,
BLAME LINUXCONF!!

/etc/rc.d/rc.local
-- cut --
echo "Bringing up ethernet if failed..."
# Remove mods that failed to load in time (this will not affect if loaded
properly)
echo "Removing failed mods"
/sbin/modprobe -r <name of eth0 mod>
/sbin/modprobe -r <name of eth1 mod>

# Load mods in order you want eth#s
echo "Reloading modules"
/sbin/modprobe <name of eth0 mod>
/sbin/modprobe <name of eth1 mod>

# Restart network asignments
# Check the S# in this file
echo "Reloading network settings:"
/etc/rc.d/rc.3/S10network reload

# Restart inet services
# Check the S# in these files
echo "Restarting inet services:"
/etc/rc.d/rc.3/S35inet restart
/etc/rc.d/rc.3/S50gpm restart (or something, I don't use)

#end rc.local

This should work.

Drew
[EMAIL PROTECTED]